FREE TOOLS & TIPS: Sign up for the latest news from Judy, along with her
FREE STRESS-LESS TOOLKIT: 7 Ways in 7 Days to Start Improving Your Life Right Now!
Beat Depression, Anxiety or PTSD
Counselling can help you heal and have a better life.
“I struggled with overwhelming worry and anxiety for most of my life. I felt responsible for everyone in my family, and eventually I just wore out. I was badly injured in a car accident and suffered from chronic and severe pain. I drifted into depression and became isolated from my friends.
Then I received a life threatening diagnosis, and I knew I had to make changes and make them now!
Since seeing Judy for counselling, my life has improved significantly. I am now much happier and optimistic. The skills Judy has taught me have helped me manage and diminish my anxiety. I now have healthy boundaries around my family that have actually led to better relationships. I now have much more energy, and I make better decisions and am more assertive.
Judy is so capable – she is a joy to work with. Her patience, kindness and steady support have enabled me to take charge of my diagnosis and the outcome.”G. S.
If you are wondering if therapy can help, you’ve come to the right place.
Anxiety, depression and PTSD often operate together in people’s lives, although some people only experience one or two of these issues at any given time.
The field of psychotherapy now has many effective and proven approaches that provide relief from even the most debilitating symptoms of anxiety, depression and PTSD.
With treatment, 80-90% of people get relief.
If you suffer from depression, you are not alone.
“Working with Judy has changed my life. I had long term, severe chronic pain and chronic health problems, which resulted in depression. It was terrible. My sleep was affected, I was constantly irritable and my relationships were definitely affected.
Thanks to Judy, I found myself again. I have more energy, enthusiasm and vitality for my life. I am able to deal with situations and people with patience, calmness and far less irritability. My relationships with my husband and family are much better. I am sleeping better, which is a Godsend. I think more clearly and have more energy. I also learned new pain management techniques that are extremely effective.
Those alone would have been worth seeing Judy for.
I am stronger, happier and more self-assured. I am actually excited about my future. I am fully engaged and participating in my own life again. It’s just nice to be me (again). What a gift Judy has.”C. A.
Depression is among the most common of mental health issues.
1 in 4 Canadians has depression serious enough to require treatment at some point in their life.
By 2020, it is estimated that depression will be the second most common health problem in the world.
Although these may be alarming statistics, with proper treatment, depression can be overcome.
Depression Counselling can be the key to turning your life around if you experience any of the following:
- Feeling discouraged and helpless; You may think that things will never get better.
- Frequently sad; You often cry and aren’t always sure why.
- Feeling detached from life and family; No one understands what you are going through.
- Blaming yourself for your struggles; You don’t feel good about yourself, you’ve lost your confidence.
- Feeling overwhelmed and exhausted; You can’t cope with your life.
- Hopelessness and despair; You may even think about hurting yourself.
If you suffer from depression, no amount of ‘cheering up,’
‘faking it till you make it’ or ‘pushing through’
will make it go away.
Exercise, vitamins or vacations can’t make it disappear.
That’s because depression is an illness, not a weakness.
Left untreated, depression can have a continuous, negative impact on you and your family.
Fortunately, depression is one of the most treatable of all mental health conditions.
The sooner you get help, the better the outcome of treatment can be.
What you can achieve through counselling for depression:
- Feel closer and more connected to yourself, your family and friends.
- Increase your energy and sense of well-being.
- Regain a sense of control in your life.
- Improve your confidence as you overcome your challenges and realize your own strength.
- Improve your self-awareness, identify factors that contribute to your depression and be better able to avoid or better manage them.
- Make decisions more easily.
- Feel more hopeful about your future.
Proper treatment can return you to a happier, fuller and healthier life.
As a skilled therapist, I can help you overcome depression:
With over 2 decades of experience and training in some of the most advanced treatment methods for depression, I can help you reduce and heal your depression. I can help you feel better and get your life back on track. We’ll work together to find the best methods of treatment that work for you. With my guidance and warm and accepting approach, we’ll get you to the place you want to be.
If you are ready to get relief from depression, let’s get started.
Contact me for a free 20-minute consultation. You can tell me about your problems and we’ll discuss how I can help. There is no obligation to continue after our talk. Call me at (778) 821-4762 or email me to schedule yours.
Or, if you are ready to get started you can use the button below to book your appointment.
Anxiety can be overwhelming and make your life miserable.
I met Judy when I was out of my mind with out of control fear and anxiety. I had been abusing alcohol for a long time. It was my way of coping with my life-long anxiety. Everything in my life seemed to be horribly wrong and I was losing my life partner of 10 years.
Without doubt, Judy changed my life. Without working with her, my life would have been very different. I am now happy, more confident, grounded and secure in myself. I learned to diminish my fear and anger, to think my way through personal challenges and not to explode.
My partner and I survived and thrived. We have now been together for almost 35 years. It has been a wonderful ride – we have done so much and we have enjoyed all of it.D.G.
If you struggle with anxiety, worry, fear or panic attacks, you are certainly not alone.
Anxiety is the number one health concern in Canada, affecting 12% of all Canadians.
US statistics show that anxiety is reaching epidemic proportions. It is estimated that 29% of people will suffer from an anxiety disorder at some point in their lives.
However, even with these high numbers, relief from anxiety is possible with proven counselling methods. The overwhelming symptoms can often be alleviated relatively quickly with therapy, and full recovery is possible.
Anxiety counselling can help turn your life around if you are suffering from some of the following:
- A persistent and unrealistic worry; You stress about everything. You can’t stop regardless of how hard you try.
- Irritability and edginess most days; You never feel completely relaxed.
- Anxiety and fear that is exaggerated beyond reason, or without an obvious cause; You have recurring intrusive thoughts, sometimes at any time and any place.
- Difficulty making decisions; You are unable to make good decisions; you find it hard to concentrate.
- Isolation; You are afraid to go out, or your friends and family are tired of dealing with your problem.
- Poor sleep; It’s hard to fall asleep, or you wake up in the middle of the night worrying.
- Panic attacks or uncomfortable physical symptoms; You have difficulty breathing, rapid heartbeat, sweating, dizziness or high blood pressure.
- Exhausted from the turmoil that anxiety and fear causes; You can’t continue this way any longer.
Anxiety disorders are one of the most common of all mental health problems.
No amount of putting on a ‘brave front’ or avoiding anxiety-provoking situations will make your anxiety go away. This is because anxiety is an illness, not a weakness or a choice.
Anxiety CAN be beaten.
You can choose to get help from your anxiety today.
What you can accomplish with Counselling for Anxiety:
- Manage Stress: learn ways to reduce your stressors and how you react to them.
- Increase awareness of what triggers your anxiety, so you can prevent or minimize its effects.
- Feel more peaceful.
- Feel happier, lighter and have more energy.
- Step back into your life, feel more connected to yourself – enjoy being you again.
- Reengage/get closer to your family and friends.
- Improve your confidence and feel more in control of your life.
- Get better sleep.
Don’t let anxiety have control over your life.
Take control – Take the first step and reach out for help today.
You CAN get relief from anxiety.
Here’s why I can help:
As an anxiety therapist in Kelowna BC, I have over 25 years experience helping people overcome anxiety. I know what works. I am trained in some of the most effective methods of therapy available today.
I know that you might be nervous about seeking help. Let me assure you that regardless of your problems, I am confident that I can help. I am patient, compassionate and committed to doing whatever it takes to help you overcome your anxiety.
Are you ready to get started?
Contact me for a free 20-minute consultation. You can tell me about your challenges and we’ll talk about how I can help. There is no obligation to continue. Call me at (778) 821-4762 or email me to schedule your free consultation now.
Or, if you already know that you want to start counseling with me, use the button below to schedule your appointment now.
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) can be caused by a variety of events.
It could be rooted in your early childhood. Or, it could be caused by a difficult or traumatic event (or events) in your adult life.
In fact, sometimes the events might not even seem all that “traumatic,” but can still cause PTSD symptoms, including chronic depression and anxiety.
Whether you realize it or not, PTSD can wreak havoc in your life.
Here are some situations that may cause PTSD:
- Experiencing a dangerous or extremely upsetting event; you were part of a serious trauma.
- Witnessing a traumatic event; for example, the death or serious injury of another person.
- A high stress job and/or high stress home life; you have constant stress and may increasingly feel traumatized over time.
- Being a first responder, policeman, fireman, veteran, nurse or doctor; any profession that repeatedly witnesses/experiences traumatic injuries and deaths of others.
Regardless of the cause of PTSD, studies and my experience show that therapy for PTSD is very effective.
PTSD counselling can help you live normally again if you relate to any of the following:
- Stressed and afraid; You are stressed much of the time – even well after the event has happened. It’s affecting your life and the people around you.
- Overly sensitive to situations or people; You feel that people are critical of you or what happened to you. You feel blamed.
- Flashbacks; You feel like you are reliving the event all over again. You feel afraid and can’t control them when they occur.
- Nightmares; You re-experience the traumatic event(s) in your dreams, or you repeatedly dream about something similarly bad happening.
- Irritability and edginess; You get angry too often. You can’t control or predict your outbursts. It hurts the people around you, and strains your relationship with them.
- Difficulty dealing with anything that reminds you of the traumatic event; You keep away from people, places, or activities that remind you of the event. You especially avoid thoughts, feelings, or talking about things that remind you of the event.
- Turning to alcohol or drugs to cope; Nothing you try has helped, you get worse, not better.
- Feeling detached from others and from life; You feel numb. You avoid people and places. You don’t feel safe to reach out or you feel others can’t understand.
- You feel hopeless and despair; You may even think about hurting yourself.
It’s normal to be upset when something bad or traumatic happens to you or someone you know. But if you are still upset and negatively affected by it weeks or months later, it’s time to address it.
Get Help now. You can live a normal life again.
What you can gain from PTSD Counselling:
- Increased self awareness; become more aware of what is happening when you are “triggered” so you have more control over the PTSD symptoms.
- Acquire tools to reduce and manage stress to help you be more in control.
- Feel more calm and peaceful; enjoy being you again.
- Increase your mental clarity and focus.
- Enjoy feeling better, have better relationships at home, with friends and on the job.
- Feel more confident as you become stronger and feel more at ease.
- Boost your overall sense of well-being.
- Sleep better.
Therapy can help. Proper treatment can return you to a happier and healthier life.
Take back control of your life now and turn your life around.
Why hire me as your therapist to help you get relief from PTSD symptoms?
For the over 25 years, I have been trained in some of the best therapy methods for overcoming and resolving the stress, worry and fears that come along with PTSD.
I am a compassionate therapist who can quickly assess your needs in order to customize my approach to help you feel better as fast as possible. Through working with me, not only can you resolve your symptoms of PTSD, you can also develop more hope and optimism towards your life.
Imagine what your life would be like to be free of your symptoms of PTSD.
If this is what you want:
Contact me for a free 20-minute consultation. You can tell me about the concerns you are having and I will tell you how I can help. There is no obligation to continue. Call me at (778) 821-4762, or email me to schedule yours.
Or, if you are ready to book your first appointment, you can schedule it online by using the button below.
My offices in Kelowna are fully accessible. I also offer my counselling services via phone and Skype from the comfort of your home or office.