FREE TOOLS & TIPS: Sign up for the latest news from Judy, along with her
FREE STRESS-LESS TOOLKIT: 7 Ways in 7 Days to Start Improving Your Life Right Now!
Telephone & Video Counselling
Do you feel you would benefit from counselling or coaching but at a time and place that suits you?
e-Visits could be right for you if:
- You live in a rural area or are unable to travel due to physical limitations
- You live further afield or travel frequently
- You live or work abroad
- You prefer counselling in the comfort and convenience of your place of choosing, like your home or office
- You just don’t have the time to travel to my Kelowna offices, whether due to distance or busy schedules
How Effective Is Online Counselling and Therapy?
Studies, and my own experience, show e-Visits are as effective as face-to-face therapy. Sometimes more so, as it enables sessions for those that were unable to access sessions before, whether due to distance, illness or accessibility.
Here is what some of the experts have found:
- Online therapy significantly lowered the number of hospital visits among veterans in a 4-year Johns Hopkins study. This study of close to 100,000 veterans, showed that the number of days that patients were hospitalized dropped by 25 percent if they chose online counseling. These results were slightly better than the number of hospital visits experienced by patients who used face-to-face counselling.
— Psychiatric Services, April 2012
- Online therapy is beneficial in treating anxiety and depression Researchers at the University of New South Wales (UNSW) and St Vincent’s Hospital have shown online treatments are just as effective as face-to-face therapies for a wide range of common mental disorders.” Anxiety, social phobias and depression are all conditions that respond well to clinician-supported internet-based treatments, the researchers found, with program participants recording recovery rates comparable to those in face-to-face therapy.”
— University of New South Wales, September 2009
- An Australian study found that In-Person sessions were equally effective as Video Conference-Based sessions using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in significantly reducing symptoms of depression, anxiety and stress, and increasing quality of life of the patients. You can read more about it here.
— JMIR Publications, November 2013
- A Canadian study shows that online therapy delivers the same outcomes and client satisfaction. 500 Patients in Ontario, Canada were assigned to face-to-face or live video counseling and experienced statistically the same clinical outcome and level of patient satisfaction.
— American Psychiatric Association, 2007
- Researchers found telephone therapy just as effective as In-Person sessions and predicts telephone therapy to replace In-Person therapy in many instances. Columbia University conducted a meta-analysis of 14 studies and found telepsychiatry effective: “The current meta-analysis concludes there is no difference in accuracy or satisfaction between the two modalities. Over the next few years, we expect telepsychiatry to replace I-P in certain research and clinical situations.” You can read more about it here.
— CNS Spectrums, May 2005
Benefits of Online Counselling and Therapy
- Your life is uninterrupted, meaning that busy individuals can access evidence-based, high-quality service in a flexible way
- You can access help from your preferred location (often home or office)
- Save time and money – No travel costs or time spent traveling
- Child care can be made easier by eliminating travel time
- International access – ideal for travelers and those working or living abroad
- Easy access to therapy for people with certain disabilities or health challenges
How Do e-Visits Work?
All you need is access to a telephone, cell phone, tablet (iPad) or computer with a video camera.
How Does Telephone Counselling Work?
You call in at your appointment time. You will be given the contact information prior to your appointment. All appointment times are in Pacific Standard Time (PST).
How Do I Video Conference?
You must have internet access, Skype and the necessary computer based video camera to be able to utilize the video conference service option. You can download the appropriate free Skype program by clicking here.
Is Skype Confidential?
Skype sessions are encrypted for privacy and confidentiality. You can read more about how Skype protects your privacy.
Would You Like To Explore If e-Visits Are Right For You and Your Situation?
Contact me for a free 20-minute consultation. If you have any questions, or are wondering if online or telephone counseling is right for you, a free consultation is a great place to start. You can tell me what challenges you are facing, I’ll tell you how I can help and how we might work together. There is no obligation to continue.
Call me at (778) 821-4762, or use the button below to schedule your free consultation now.
Or, if already know that you want to start counselling with me, schedule an appointment online or contact me to book.